Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgivig Fortune Cookies and Tutorial

I'm back! I started these last night and have completed them through out today in between other things. I want to share with you that the fortune cookies are not my idea, I actually found something similar on Kind Over Matter. The link is a tutorial on how to make them. So I needed something to put them in if I was going to give them out. So here is a picture tutorial on how I made the containers:

Preview

 
1. Supplies: 8x8 squares of burlap, previously made fortune cookies, bakers twine, cups,(not shown - glue of choice, rubber bands, scissors)
2. 9oz plastic cups/tumblers
3. put some glue on the bottom of the cup
4. Place a square of burlap on top of glue and press down, let dry
5. Put stripes of glue all over outer sides of cup
6. Pull burlap up an smooth into glue folding as necessary. Place a rubber band around it until dry.
 

 
7. Cut off the excess to give a round look to the burlap on the cup. DO NOT THROW AWAY! Tie your bakers twine around the top of the cup. Shred the cut pieces of burlap by pulling it apart.
8. Form a half of a paper towel into a ball and place in bottom of cup, place shredded burlap on top to cover towel.
9. Color in your image of choice ( I used an image from Karen's Doodles and then colored it in paint. I wanted a rustic but whimsical look so I didn't completely fill it in as you can see in the snippet). Fussy cut it.
10. Place your cut out image in the back and place your desired number of fortune cookies in each.

 16 finished cups.
 
I've included the "fortunes" I used. Some were reworded from those on the Kind Over Matter site and some where inspirational quotes I found in a book or online. Feel free to use them or write your own!
 
 
I actually have two sets, if you'd like the second sheet just email me and I'll get it right out to you.
 
Love ya,
~Deb~
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why but this website is loading extremely slow for
    me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end?
    I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!